For more general tips on weight loss, you can check out these articles: How to Lower High Cortisol Levels and Lose Weight, How Many Miles should You Walk a Day to Lose Weight? and Can We Burn Calories while Sleeping?.
If you're going to focus your fitness or weight loss program on abdominal muscle group then it is a good idea to know what the abdominal muscle group is and what the best exercises for getting rid of belly fat are.
The abdominal muscle group consists of three main muscles:
- Rectus abdominis - commonly known as the abs, this is a large flat muscle wall that runs from the lower chest to the pubic bone.
- Obliquus abdominis - commonly known as the obliques, this muscle runs diagonally along the side of the mid-section from the lower ribcage to the pubic area. The internal obliques lie underneath the external obliques.
- Transversus abdominis - this is a thin strip of muscle that runs horizontally across the abdomen.
As for the best exercises that slim down your belly, there are a lot of resources available for finding them, and many people to say what they consider the best. But with so many resources available, how can you determine which really are the best exercises for working your abdominal muscles to flatten your beer belly?
Firstly, it is important to understand that the best stomach exercises to getting rid of belly fat for you are those that you're willing to do. No matter how effective the exercise is, if you aren't going to do them consistently the exercise will not benefit you for sure. Also, the best stomach flattening exercises do not necessarily require equipment to perform them, although some machines and equipment may work quite well for you.
Next, the best abdominal flattening exercises that slim down your belly should also include exercises that work the different parts of the stomach for the workout to be effective. The best stomach exercises, combine working the oblique, which are the side muscles, the lower abdominals, the mid section and also the upper section.
You can target these muscles effectively by performing the following exercises to getting rid of belly fat:
A very effective and convenient exercise to work the upper abs since they can be performed anywhere without any equipment. 3 sets of 15-20 reps is a good start. For more detail on how to do this, check out this page Lower Ab Crunches for Sexy Flat Tummy
Side crunches / bends
This exercise works out the oblique. 3 sets of 15-20 reps will be great.
This exercise will target the lower portion of the abdomen below the navel. 3 sets of 15-20 reps is good. This is a one of best exercises to get rid of lower belly fat.
Pilates is considered one of best stomach exercises and healthy way to get rid of belly fat because in Pilates, the whole focus is on the core of the body which is the belly, or stomach muscles. Every movement in a Pilate's workout will work the stomach muscles either directly or indirectly.
Another good exercise that slim down your belly involves laying flat on your stomach, leg straight and then raising your body up using your arms as your hands are clasped together and keeping your body straight as if doing a pushup. Hold this position as long as you can stand. This is an excellent movement to strengthen the whole stomach.
Yoga for getting rid of belly fat
You might not be aware that Yoga actually includes many specific poses that target excess weight in the abdomen. If you’re looking for a healthy way to get rid of belly fat than you might find success in using these yoga exercises (coupled with a customized diet).
Let’s go over some of Yoga asanas to flatten lower abs and Yoga stretch to lose the tummy.
- The Sun Salutations: These are a combination of poses that serve as a warm up-routine for a Yoga session or class. They are very similar to the popular calisthenics exercise known as burpees. However, they differ in that they have a spiritual significance included as a result of executing them. Due to the forward and backward bending motions involved, after performing a few to several rounds on a daily basis, you are bound to notice a marked loss of weight in you abdominal area and the added bonus of muscular tone. This is one of excellent exercises that slim down your belly.
- The Bow Pose: This simple pose involves laying flat on your belly and grabbing your ankles with both arms while simultaneously lifting your head up high. When performed correctly, you should be resting on your abdomen. Needless to say, it is a pose commonly recommended for weight loss and the prevention and correction of chronic constipation.
- The Peacock Pose: This is slightly more challenging. The objective is to balance your abdomen on your conjoined elbows while simultaneously raising your legs and head of the floor. Naturally, merely attempting this yoga asanas to flatten lower abs speeds up abdominal weight loss and detoxification of the visceral organs and the preparatory stage could suffice as the actual execution of the pose till the mastery of it is achieved.
- The Abdominal Lift: This is not a pose, per-se but is a specific exercise that involves you exhaling your breath and pulling the diaphragm in while holding the breath out. This is a specific abdominal exercise for getting rid of belly fat and weight loss, spiritual rejuvenation and detoxification.
Do note though that if you are female and pregnant or in your menstrual period, some of these poses might not be the best to execute.
Moreover, since these poses-besides being a healthy way to get rid of belly fat tremendously with detoxifying, it is advised that one eats a proper and healthy diet to augment the actions of these poses.
Other fantastic exercises for getting rid of belly fat and overall weight include abdominal exercises in pool, intense Aerobics, the use of the ab-wheel, basic sit-ups, windmills etc.
Finally, the answer to how to flatten your beer belly is depended on you. Remember, that the best healthy way to get rid of belly fat for others does not necessarily mean it’s the right exercise to flat abs for you too. Each person's body is different and will respond differently to certain movements. If you're serious about working on the abdominal muscles you should try several different stomach exercises and then determine which one you can both feel and see results with – the exercises that really slim down your belly. If one exercise is simply too hard to do correctly, or does not feel like it has done anything for the muscle group worked, or you just can’t seem to lose belly fat with it, that exercise is clearly not the best for you and you should find other alternatives.